Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Configuring Toolbox for stock fasteners

Status
Not open for further replies.

Updraft

Mechanical
Jan 29, 2007
US
I have searched this forum and elsewhere and not found the definitive answer I am looking for. Can someone tell me how to configure/load toolbox with all my fasteners that we currently stock. I want to assign our part numbers and descriptions to suitable properties of the fasteners. Ideally, I would like our users to pick the fastener they need for an application, such as an M4x0.7x10 Hex SHCS (the description) OR by our part number.

I expect to be able to load our company part numbers and descriptions by filling a design table.

Of course, we need to keep the ability to create a fastener that isn't in our inventory.

The referenced thread is closed, but it does not completely answer my questions. thread559-216761

Thanks in advance,

- - -Updraft

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Actually, I am interested in using Toolbox, not making my own custom part files. We made our own custom part files with our own descriptions and part numbers for such things as fasteners, o-rings, etc. years ago before Toolbox was included in SWX. We don't want to do that again, which is what your technique looks to be (it is a nice way of doing those things).

By using Toolbox we pick up on all the predefined standards, smart mates, etc., plus we can can easily add a new item from a category we don't already have defined.

I just want to tell Toolbox which items we have and what our part numbers and descriptions are.

- - -Updraft

Would you like to add your parts to existing Toolbox Library?

You can do this by clicking "Add to Library" command which is available under Part's general context menu (rigth mouse click in the empty view area or Part's icon in FM Design Tree)

Artem Taturevich
CSWP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back