Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Connector Elements using Patran / Abaqus 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

gida2

Structural
Jul 11, 2003
US
Trying to create a release between two beam elements using Patran as a mesh generator and ABAQUS as a post prosecessor. Please attach (.inp) file of a cantiler beam with hinge or something similair.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks,

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry I wasn't more specific. This is basically a modeling problem in Patran 2003ra and I use ABAQUS as a post processor. I'm trying to use the new connector elements in ABAQUS 6.3 (see link below):

I would like to start out with a simple connector element i.e. a pin (revolute) and eventually move on to the more complicated connectors like a pin with friction or a damper with viscous damping etc...

If someone had a simple .inp file I could learn from it and understand how to do more complicated models etc..

Patran has the option of creating MPC elements but then I think you have to modify the input file in ABAQUS.

It's difficult working with a hybrid fea software package.

I hope this cleared things up.

Any help would be appreciated,

I don't know Patran well as a pre-processor. I would suspect that you will need to manually edit the deck. I would encourage to look in the ABAQUS manuals for connector examples. There are plenty of simple examples in the example problems and verification manual.

Brad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back