Connectors problem 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

j_gautreau

Mechanical
Nov 23, 2023
FR
Hello,

I'm a beginner in Femap and I have difficulties in connectors.
I've already read the article in the following link explaining different thing about contacts and try to applied all things but I think there is a problem again.
Link

The pin (in green) have a contact without space with the red sheet metal (INIPENE = 3) and have a contact with space with the blue sheet metal (INIPENE = 2). All sheet metal are linked with a bolt.
Schema_zo9bps.png

The model undeformed is the following picture
Undeformed_view_te2zhp.png

My problem is that the pin cross other sheet metal and some of the pin deformation are bigger than the real size, as you can see in the picture below.
Deformed_view_qoqdr0.png

I thank you in advance for your help.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I have to study them in this configuration so that's why I need to model the fastener in detail.
Sorry I forgot to say that I there is a deform scale factor of 5%.

TG_eng :

Thank you for your help !

I did it, they seam to not cross over sheet metal. Would it mean that this part of the simultation is correct ? If yes, I don't understand why derformed pins where bigger than underformed when other part don't appear enlarged...

When you select to deform the model, by default Femap scales the actually deformation 10%. This often creates confusion when using contact because the exaggerated deformation exceeds connection bodies. So when modeling contact, it's probably best to show actually deformations instead of scaled. I would also verify by listing the results data. If you still think the answer is wrong, then you should check the contact properties and possibly make a breakout model that would be easier to debug when tuning the contact property parameters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back