Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

connectors

Status
Not open for further replies.

railloco

Structural
Mar 12, 2012
AU
Guys,

I am new to Hypermesh and bit (actually a lot) confused with welding and bolting connections. Can anyone help me out regarding the below questions..

(1) I have to connect two components with M5 fasteners. I have mid-surfaced, meshed the surfaces and created the spider for holes. Now I have to select the centre nodes of both the holes with a bar/rod/beam element. Here is my confusion. What I have to select here? Where to give the dia of the 1D element. Do I have to give the properties for the new 1D element as well.

(2) Same problem and if I have to do spot weld instead of bolted joints (assuming no holes there), which option I have to select and where to give the dia of the spot weld for example 7mm dia.

Thank you very much in advance.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Did you go through HM tutorials? if not please do it, it's very simple, will take half hour(connector tutorial, 10 mins for bolt tutorial) and does exactly the same thing which you are asking.

C:\Altair\hw10.1\help\hm\hmbat.htm

Bascially, go to HM help on your dirve and Hypermesh > Hypermesh Tutorials > Assembly.

All the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back