Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Constant Restart Issue with DECS-250 Equipment: Need Help from Engineering Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nicolas Molina

Electrical
Jun 5, 2023
CO
Hello everyone,

I am part of an engineering team and we are currently facing a challenge with a DECS-250 equipment that is experiencing constant restarts. We have tried following the instructions provided in the manual, such as changing the power supply and checking its condition, but the issue persists. We have also attempted to update the firmware using the BESTCOMPlus software, but we have been unable to establish a stable connection due to the frequent restarts.

I am reaching out to this forum seeking assistance and advice from experienced engineers who may have encountered a similar problem with the DECS-250 equipment and found an effective solution.

I would greatly appreciate any information, guidance, or suggestions you can provide. We are looking to restore the optimal functioning of the equipment and resolve this constant restart issue.

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

Best regards.

Nicolas M.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you checked the field resistance?
Have you meggered the field?
Have you tried a dummy load in place of the field?
Are there any jumpers in place that shouldn't be there?
Have you tried with a voltage applied to the sense terminals?

--------------------
Ohm's law
Not just a good idea;
It's the LAW!

Currently, the DECS 250 device is not connected to the generator. It has been temporarily detached and is being kept in the maintenance area. However, it is still being powered by the auxiliary services source of 125[Vdc].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back