Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Construction and Material Handling Equipment from China

Status
Not open for further replies.

vp1959

Electrical
Jan 28, 2012
KW
Gents,
Let us discuss about the Performance, Reliability (MTBF), Maintenance and Expected Life of Construction and Material Handling Equipment from China, as it would guide those are looking for cheaper option to substitute European brands, especially Mobile Cranes, Crawler Cranes, Tower Cranes, Concrete Pumps, etc. from SANY, ZOOMLIN, XCMG, CMAX, SCM, etc.

Appreciate the comments from the people who used them

Regards

Prakash

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In general, it is not this site's policy to serve as a company-specific "blackboard" (or advertising billboard either) for or against specific products from specific companies.

Having said that, few who have purchased China-copied products have found long lifetimes, high-quality materials, and exceptionally good-quality service ...

Eventho, copying someones design is the highest form of flattery, I know from past experiences that China's fired pressure vessel appertunances caused a lot of consternation to those who bought these products. I have been out of the loop for a decades, however, I read a lot of NB/ASME articles on failures of these related products from China.
Can't say much about failures of lifting and handling equipment from China, however, U.S. and European manufacturers may have data related to your OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back