Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Consultant

Status
Not open for further replies.

rstupplebeen

Mechanical
May 9, 2007
US
I am interested in offloading some work to an Abaqus consultant. I was wondering if there is a site that lists consultants and their experience? I am not intending this to be a flood of people saying "Pick me, pick me". Thanks.

Rob Stupplebeen

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi there,

I looked at the nafems website and did not find the company I work for, CD-Adapco, based on long island. what kind of analysis are you running?

All,

I have poked around those sites without much luck. I am sure that there are Abaqus consultants out there but apparently they are not good at being found. Hopefully there will be some more suggestions otherwise I will need to start a new thread asking for individuals to reply.

oroden01,
For now I am trying to keep this as general Abaqus consultants.

Thanks.

Rob Stupplebeen

Hello,

As for a general list of consultants, I've not found a well maintained and organized list. However, I may be able to help you out, but I clearly need to discuss that outside of the forum. How can I contact you?

Jeff

Of course, it all depends on whether you want a company or a consultant. A company you'll pay top rates for but might have some assurnace/insurance on the results. HKS themselves will do consultancy work I believe, but my guess is they charge top price.

corus

MuShoe,
Currently I am trying to find consultants not have them find me. In the future that may change and I will try to contact you.

johnhors,
I had filtered those 2 out since I was hoping for a US consultant. Thanks for sifting through that for me though.

corus,
I have contacted Abaqus but yes they do charge a lot but I am sure that they are worth it but a little hard to swallow.

All,
I will try to remember to update this if I find any good leads. Thanks.

Rob Stupplebeen

I second the LinkedIn recommendation. Do an advanced search:

keyword: abaqus
interested in: consultants
industry: mechanical engineering (eliminates the computer software people)

That pulls up 147 people... A few of them must be actual consultants

I have worked for 15 years as an abaqus consultant.If you let me know what you are looking for i can advise on the the best way forward which can be achieved on much more reasonable terms than a company like HKS/SIMULIA.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back