Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Consulting about choosing steam generator for puffing cereals

Status
Not open for further replies.

vasicmilos

Industrial
Dec 28, 2010
TR
Hello I would like some opinions on how to choose correct steam generator. Machine is used for expanding cereals for human food and needs steam for this. It needs higher than usual pressure of overheated dry steam 20bar and consumption is around 150kg/h. What are things to be careful about? I have offer from "Certuss" does anyone has some experience with their eqiupement. How often should this generators be cleaned(system has water preparation)? In this situations when comparing to offers one that has smaller heat input while producing same quantity of steam is better correct? Are there special safety measures because of higher pressure?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Depends of where/what part of the World you will install the unit.
If in the USA get an ASME/National Board Certified Unit. listed to Ansi Stds.
I do not know if the German Certuss has such Certifications, if they do not. they can not be intalled in the USA.
Try Clean Steam Generators generalboiler.com
genb

Thanks for answers boiler will be installed in Serbia(Eastern Europe). I will check with local legislation, my question was more about working with such high pressure steam. Up to now I was working with boiler with pressure 8bar.This one is actually steam generator which heats water to dry saturated steam of this pressure inside a coil.

If the steam is being used for food processing, you will want to use a clean steam generator that is being fed with de-ionized water, likely Type II or Type I. Inspection frequency depends a lot usage and water quality. If the generator is running at 150kg/hr 24/7 you will likely want to spend good money on water filtration/preparation. Additionally, using poor quality water and a carbon steel boiler can result in carried over minerals and rust being deposited on the food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back