Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contact pairs in ANSYS

Status
Not open for further replies.

AminCE

Civil/Environmental
Feb 1, 2018
DZ
Hi ,I am doing a finite element analyses using ANSYS Workbench 15.0.
The model contain contact elements type bonded, the later were combined with CZM. When I solve the model the following warning appears:

WARNING: ' ANSYS has found the contact pairs have similar mesh patterns which can cause over-constraint. ANSYS will deactivate the current pair and keep its companion pair.

I am facing a convergence problem due to contacts and I am thinking that this may be the solution of the convergence problem. I would like to know the meaning of this warning. waiting for your response, Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thank you Jason for your replying, It's helped me to understand many things, but I still didn't understand it rightly

It seems that you are applying multiple contact pairs, you can suppress the contact pair objects one by one and figure out which pairs cause that warning. I don't know what does your CZM stand for, you may temporarily remove the CZM values and see if the warning goes away.

@goeasyon, thank you for your replying. the CZM is used to include the separation between the elements. can you explain more about applying multiple contact pairs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back