Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contour Program

Status
Not open for further replies.

RHOeng

Civil/Environmental
Apr 4, 2002
US
Microstation 2004 V8:

I do commercial site work. Property topo survey is furnished to me including 3d contour lines at 1' intervals, break lines, spot elevations and a tin file. Maybe 3 or 4 times a year I need to recontour a small area at .25 or even .1 intervals. Does anyone know of a shareware or freeware contouring program?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I've been messing with V8i a lot lately and haven't seen anything in there about it. I also don't remember seeing anything "out there" (in the real world) about it. Have you tried Google/Yahoo?

That would be something awesome to know - my company wants me to start doing some topo work (even though we basically do soil boring locations/plans).

Sorry I wasn't much help. Good luck!

RHOeng, I am not aware of any freeware application to do that. I would recommend looking at purchasing a copy of InRoads Survey or PowerSurvey InRoads. This inexpensive program will do what you want plus give you the added benefit of creating surface from other sources XML, TIN, DTM, ASCII, Graphics, etc.

If you can wait a couple months and can upgrade to MicroStation V8i (SELECTseries 3) there is a new surface terrain modeler built into the platform product.

HTH,
Bob Mecham

Training | Consulting | Programming
Facebook: Twitter: Youtube:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back