Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Contract AutoCAD 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

crystalrae

Dec 13, 2000
US
I know this isn't a exactly a question on how to use AutoCAD but I don't know where else to look for this information.

I was wondering if anyone knows how to go about contracting AutoCAD services. I need to work from home and it's about the only thing I can think of to do.

Any advice?

Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Dear Crystal;

Try starting with the people for whom you have had full time work with. If this fails, call all the companies in your area who use your drafting discipline. Eventually you will find clients.

How long evetually is depends on your ability as a salesperson. You can improve this skill by taking courses in sales and marketing to assess how best to market your business.

My sales skills are relatively unsophisticated. I call 1000 companies and I know that I will find at least a few clients, I just keep trying.

Regards Adrian

I suggest you search Thomas' register for the type of industry you want to service. Also SME if manufacturing. I have over 50 years experience in manufacturing engineering in design only and design and build job shops and it still took a while to make a connection with a company doing the type of work I wanted to do. So, be patient and persistant. I currently do design work at home specializing in Jet engine and turbine tooling.
I selected that because generally I have more knowledge than most and the the jobs are small for quicker turnover. So naturally, they gave me a machine to design (about 1500 hours) Took me about a year. I could have used some help for detailing, electrical etc. I beleive I can get all the work I want if my customer has a larger program. Anyway to shorten this a little, I was trying to determine if setting up a web site where anyone who works at home and needs help could plug in and request it. Then those of us who have to or prefer to work at home and needs work would have a central location to search first. Anybody have any thoughts on this?

Al Kirby
askkkf@avci.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back