Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Control of kerozene's conductivity mesurment apparatus

Status
Not open for further replies.

rafikk

Chemical
Jan 22, 2005
CA
HI
need method to make à solution (KCl solution for exemple) to control(calibarate)the JET A1 fuel( kerozene) conductivity's mesurment apparatus "MAIHAK", the conductivity's range is: 0 to 600 picoSiemens/meter,
I have not standard solution, so i thaught to do as we do for the water conductivity's mesurment apparatus, which we control by KCl solution using convrsion table (KCL concentration, conductivity value), but i dont know if it'is right to use this method's for MAIHAK apparatus,
if yes ...........what is the KCL concentration needed for 0 to 600 PS/M conductivity's range.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

The best way is to ask the manufacturer of the conductivity instrument: if they claim they can measure they must be able to calibrate as well. As far as I know there will not be a problem to calibrate down to 1 microS/cm, but for pS/cm ...There will be so many extraneous sources of error!
m777182

It's righ..the calibration of the conductivity within the range of pSM/cm is difficult procedure..i asked the manufacturer, They said that only the manufacturer can calibrate it, otherwise i can use the apparatus' manuel ajust the conductivity cell.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back