Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Controlled Modulus Columns 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

engr567

Structural
Aug 21, 2009
Does anyone know what is controlled modulus columns? Where can I find more information about this?

Every Problem is an Opportunity for Engineers!!!!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Geez, why I did not think of that? ....... I was asking in terms of books or publications (more effective sources than throwing a stone in ocean, google) from someone who has done it before, kind of directly from horse's mouth. Anyway, thanks frv for suggestion.

Every Problem is an Opportunity for Engineers!!!!

engr567..

According to your profile, you've started 42 threads and responded to none. It's not a leap to assume you don't do a lot of legwork.

Anyway, when I googled it, like CANETI did, the first five or six links provided the information you were seeking in your original post. You asked what it was, not for anything more specific. Given your question, the response was appropriate, as the google links will clearly answer the question you posed.

first link from google:

Controlled Modulus Columns™

The Controlled Modulus Columns™ are well adapted to high surface loading conditions and strict settlement requirements and are used to support slabs-on-grade, isolated footings and embankments on compressible clays, fills and organic soils.

A specially designed auger, powered by equipment with large torque capacity and high static down thrust, displaces the soil laterally, with virtually no spoil or vibration. During the auger extraction process, a column is developed by pressure-grouting to achieve a predetermined stiffness ratio with the surrounding soil. The result is a composite soil/cement ground improvement system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back