Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ControlLogix communication with PanelView

Status
Not open for further replies.

NickA

Mechanical
Aug 25, 2003
US
I am having trouble connecting a PanelView 1000 to my controllogix over a ControlNet link. I was able to schedule the items in the network with no problem using RS Networx but I get a module error in the COntrolLogix configuration for my PanelView.

The error I am getting in my panelview configuration window under the connection tab is Module fault: (Code 16#0304) not configured to send scheduled data.

I can't find anywhere to configure the panelview to send scheduled data.

The module error does not appear in any of the help files for Logix 5000, Networx, RS Linx or Panelbuilder. code 16#0303 and 0305 do appear but not 0304.

Does anybody know how to solve this problem? THanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Is this a PanelView or PanelView Plus?
Are you using RSviewME or Panelbuilder32?

I know from my experiences with a PanelView Plus 1000 and RSViewME that the panelview communications are part of the runtime application which is downloaded to the PanelView, and requires the RSLinx configuration to be correct.

Not sure about using Panelbuilder32...

Thanks for the quick response,

I am using Panelbuilder 32 and it is a standard PanelView not a PanelView Plus.

Since I am using RS Networks to communicate over a ControlNet Network, I thought it would upload/download any settings required automatically in order to make a link.

Anyway, thats how it worked for the controlnet bridges also in the same network. It recognizes that there is a panelview at the correct node etc. But then I still get this error in controllogix even though everything looks ok when I look at the network in RS Networx.

I saw this exact thing just last week.

The PanelView Standard can have a scheduled I/O connection in addition to the unscheduled messaging it does for tag access.

I don't have PanelBuilder32 loaded right now so I can't tell you exactly where the scheduled connection is configured.

If you are just using tag addresses and not the scheduled connection, you don't need to have the PanelView in your I/O configuration in RSLogix 5000. Delete it and the spurious error will go away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back