Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

ControlLogix faulting at midnight every night

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinMal

Industrial
Jul 20, 2016
US
We have two lines in our plant that have started faulting at exactly midnight every night ever since we had a power crash a couple of weeks ago. These lines run 24/7 and there is seldom time for me to get in and look at the programs...any ideas on what could be the issue before I get into the program? The faults reset with standard "program-run-rem" key switch resets, but it is annoying and both of these lines take over 12 minutes to get back up to production after even a minor fault.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I believe that there is a system history log of faults in the ControlLogix family. Other that that spend a night at the plant.

Honeywell_Industrial_Gremlins_Brown_recorders.png

You might want to track this discussion that involves a system to faults every week at the same time, for suggestions on what outside the PLC can cause problems of this nature:

I've noticed that computers have a tendency to be programmed to "phone home" or somesuch, and if "home" isn't answering, that can hang things up. You probably need to slog through the code and look for places where the software is looking for external input, and not finding it until it times out.

TTFN (ta ta for now)
I can do absolutely anything. I'm an expert! faq731-376 forum1529

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back