Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert Japanese Catia V5 Files

Status
Not open for further replies.

sturock

Aerospace
May 19, 2008
US
We recieved files from our Japanese counter parts. We wanted to use there data to save time in remodeling. Is thier any way to change thier setting to our settings? We are currently running V5 Build 22 Fix 16 PLM is teamcenter. They are working on the same except thier PLM is Enovia. I also notice a publish certificate in the model tree that was rooted to the base part body. I was unable to remove by direct deletion. Thanks for the help if you can.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

sturock said:
[...] Is there any way to change their setting to our settings? [...]
What settings are you talking about? CATSettings? Standards?

sturock said:
[...] I also notice a publish certificate in the model tree[...]

CAA script can protect some element. Check with the source how they created this certificate and why you cannot delete it. (Maybe they want you to keep it anyway).

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

The setting I'm referring to are the descriptions on the sketches they come in with Japanese language and I would like to change that back into English.

No need to keep the certificate it's not going back to our Japanese counter parts. I'm concerned that it will create errors in other models or assy's down the road. I remember making publish certificates before in Enovia but I don't remember their use.

On the model tree shows feature underneath the features are sketches. This sketch typically named "sketch next to the feature that looks like paper. This sketch feature is not named "sketch" but sketch is in Japanese. I would like these features that are named in Japanese to be English. I thought that this was set by a standard setting. Is there a way to change this setting? Thanks,

Fernando,
I don't know where I could find a macro to do this, we don't don't have a dedicated V5 admistrator on site.

Do you believe the model coming from a Enovia PLM and Saving to Teamcenter PLM will cause issues or errors to models down stream if used in larger assy's?

Would you recommend remodeling and drawing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back