Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert .stb to .ctb in Autocad 2002

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adrian2

Mechanical
Mar 13, 2002
CA
Dear Folks;

I often get drawings for which I have to make black & white check prints. When the plot style is set to monochrome.stb and I print, I don't get black & white. Why is this ?

When I create my own drawings my plot style is allways monochrome.ctb and that prints black & white as you would expect.

To convert monochrome.stb to .ctb I have often imported the stb drawing into a known .ctb file then resaved it. But this is probably not the proper way to go about things.

Does anyone have any simple ways to take an existing drawing with plot style monochrome.stb and get it to print out in monochrome like it should ?

Best Regards

Adrian D.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi Adrian2,
Try this: Tools -> Options -> Plotting and check 'Use color dependent plot styles' radio button in a gotten drawing. Then you should able to select *.ctb plot styles.
Hope helped.

Dear naujoke;

Unfortunately that only applies to NEW drawings and I have that box already checked. Its the existing drawings created with .stb plot style that I want to change.

Best Regards

Adrian

Usualy plot style tables are saved in your computer. So if you've got a drawing with named plot style Autocad will use the same name plot style from your computer. Drawing saves just current plot style file name.
Regards

Try typing in CONVERTPSTYLES at the command line.

"Whether you think that you can, or that you can't, you are usually right "
.. Henry Ford

Dear Borgunit;

Jolly good show, my kind fellow! , thats precisely what I wanted. Worked perfectly !

Best Regards

Adrian D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back