Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert three phase available fault current to single phase 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

arc101

Electrical
Oct 15, 2007
US
I used SKM to generate three phase available fault current. Now I want to use something else to find single phase fault current and arc flash info. How do I convert the three phase available fault into single and phase to phase available fault current. I intend to use this info to plug in to the Duke Calculator.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

SKM can calculate line-to-ground and line-line short circuit currents.

There is no universal conversion - it depends on the transformer connections and grounding methods (mostly) and a few other things.

Thanks, dpc. No we haven't bought the unbalanced/single phase module. So I was trying to investigate how to convert from three phase fault current at the bus to single /phase to phase.

All of the fault calculation options of SKM include all four fault types (3[Φ], SLG, LL, LLG) whether or not you also have the single phase/unbalanced load flow module.

Wow, thanks. As you can tell, I'm new to this SKM. I was under the false impression that you had to buy the unbalanced module. So what does it do for you if you buy that?

Single phase load flow; unbalanced load that aren't converted to balanced 3 phase when reported upstream; single phase panel schedules.

davidbeach,

You should be working on your WPRC presentation....

Dave

Who says I'm not? It's still two days away and I only have two more minutes to shave out of it, down from being 10 minutes over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back