Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Convert utilities into standard coal consumption 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jimmy SHU

Student
Jul 17, 2020
CN
Hello, friends, I have made two sets of process simulations, hoping to compare the energy consumption of the two sets. Now I have calculated the usage of various utilities and want to convert it into standard coal consumption. The question is, should the circulating cooling water, demi-water and boiler feed water in utilities also need to be converted into standard coal? How to calculate the conversion factor?Thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

"The typical coal-fired utility power plant, as mentioned above, has internal components which consume anywhere from 8 to 15 percent of gross MVA generation."

parasitic (i.e. on-site) power consumption

I suggest you estimate the parasitic loads at 10% as it will be too difficult to determine a better number because of many factors such as size of plant, climate, age of plant, etc.

Hello, I read the article on the website you provided. Maybe my problem has not been described clearly. I hope to convert the consumption of different utilitiess of the two sets of plants into the "consumption of standard coal", instead of saving energy through the rational use of utilities. Because my files are two Aspen Plus simulation files, it has not yet reached the stage of energy-saving renovation of the device. Thank you for your reply.

Jimmy SHU (Chemical)(OP) said:
The question is, should the circulating cooling water, demi-water and boiler feed water in utilities also need to be converted into standard coal? How to calculate the conversion factor?Thanks!

If that is your question, then yes these components should be converted and they consume anywhere from 8 to 15 percent of gross MVA generation.

If that is not your question, please explain.

Sorry to reply you so late. I converted according to the relevant Chinese standards and completed the work. thank you for your reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back