Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Converting Files from *.igs format to *.dwg 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkWoodley

Electrical
Jan 7, 2002
CA
I have CAD geometry drawings in *.igs format. How do I import and open them in AutoCAD 2002 LT (*.dwg format)?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I am just guessing on this one but, I would say yes for this reason. A2K2(Autocad 2002) wasn't an extreme upgrade, from what I understand it was primarily the upgrade that fixed some of the internet bugs from A2ki. This relese could probably compare to the upgrade from r13 to r14. You may want to email xchange works just to be sure, but if I were a betting man I would say that this should work fine for your release.

I do not believe that 2002LT will support the import process for IGS. Xchangeworks will not work on LT at all from what I have seen. The add on IGES translator that I have used for 2000 from AutoDESK would not work for LT at all. This may still be the case for 2002LT.

AutoDESK clams that the reason that they took the feature out was that not enough users needed the feature.

Unfortunately I cannot give you a definitive answer on this as I do not have a copy of 2002 yet. Sorry!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back