converting files to older version

Status
Not open for further replies.

pwallace50

Mechanical
Feb 13, 2015
GB
Hi all,

I have recently been trialling geomagic design elements and have saved files I designed on there. I really like the program but the price was nearly £1000 and an alternative, cubify design, seemed to give almost the same functionality but without the 3D export options for only £150. Given my cash flow this seemed a reasonable compromise at the moment and I can then easily upgrade to geomagic later and opwn the files. The issue I know have is when I try and open the files I created in cubify it says the file version (16.0.2.16496) is higher than your cubify design version (15.0.2.15088). I dont want to translate them to step or something like that as I want the history so wondering if its possible to open in geomagic and then save to an older version? If so is there any kind souls on here that would be able to do this for me?

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Sorry,
Geomagic Design is not backward compatible, so you cannot open newer files with an older version. It is however forward compatible and will open older files. The catch 22 is that if you modify and save an older file it will save it as the newer version so you cannot then open it with the older version. Also unlike AutoCAD there is no save as file for an older version. Your best bet is to export and save the files in a neutral format such as Step or Acis.
B.E.

You are judged not by what you know, but by what you can do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back