Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Conveying System equipments

Status
Not open for further replies.

minesh13

Mechanical
Oct 13, 2003
GB
(I had put this question in material handling equipment group but no reply was received.)

I am in the process of preparing training mauals for our new plants. I do like to need the name of the web sites taht will provide me the infromation like: Basic theory, General operational & maintenance guidelines and other technical details for the equipmemt like --> Screw conveyors, belt & bucket conveyirs, rotary air lock valves, Pelletizer , Vibratory feeder and screen etc
Note: This information I may have from the OEMs manual but I do like to create "Training Manual" that is genaeral and all purpose rateher that specific to one OEM

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Unless you're doing something different from the OEM specifications, there is no reason why you shouldn't reference their material. It maintains their liability in the matter. This has helped our company by stating we follow their maintenance guidelines as well as implementing our own.

Why reinvent the wheel?

It is not good that you are preparing training manuals and have no experience or knowledge in operating or maintaining the equipment you intend writing about. I note that your manuals are for new plants. Perhaps your company has some old plants which you could visit and ask questions from the relevant operating and maintenance personnel.

Cheers

Steve McKenzie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back