Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cooling air

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdcarr

Chemical
Aug 27, 2003
GB
Does anyone know of a commercial product or a cheap way of cooling an air flow. I have a flow of 500 litres/minute passing through a 1/4 inch diameter pipe. The inlet air can be up to 30 degC and I need to cool it down to approximately 15 degC.

The equipment preferably needs to be small.

Regards

Jon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Are you thinking along the lines of a liquid to gas heat exchanger and a water chiller? How small and how cheap does it need to be?

Stewbaby

Different application I'm affraid. We are passing the 500 litre/min air flow (from a mass flow controller) through a 'canister' as part of an accurate flow test station - therefore all the flow needs to be passed through any system.

The air flow has to be cooled from (hot) room temperature down to the 15 degC level before entering the 'canister'.

Jon

sreid

The flow is passed through a 'canister' which has a fitted fan, so essentially there is no static pressure i.e. no pressure drop.

A 4 bar air flow is passed into the mass flow controller which supplies the 500 litre/min flow .

I'm out of the office till Tuesday, but will log on then.

Regards

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back