Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Cooling and Heating Load Calculation Software 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

hepa99

Mechanical
Jan 6, 2009
US
guys, can you share what's HVAC load calculation software you are using and what's your comment and experience?

I'm looking for residential/commercial HVAC load calculation software that can use in USA and other country (ASIA, etc.)

appreciate your relpy. thanks!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

can somebody share your experience between HAP ver4.4 vs System Design Load of carrier?

Price is 50% difference. Since i will use this for my own, i guess System Design Load is good enough?

MA are the intials to Massachusetts.
The MA State Building Code 780CMR sheet #760.22. Complementing is the REScheck Compliance Certificate 2003IECC. Additional info is 522 CMR 9.00.
This material goes back to the early part of 2000 however I don't believe much has changed.

Chicopee, can you post upload that worksheet here? I'm scheduled to attend a HAP training in a couple of months but I have no experience using the software although I'm now trying to teach myself how to use the Trace 700 since I have the Demo version. Maybe this said worksheet can enlighten me.
Thanks.

I have used HAP for many years now and have never really had any issues. The only real limitation is complicated shading geometries need to be approximated with the limited input options.

If simulating Carrier chillers you can get chiller performance maps for the exact chiller from Carrier which makes life easy.

We also use IES software which is very capable but has a very long steep learning curve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back