Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copied Rotated Text Profile in Solidedge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee2006

Mechanical
Feb 22, 2006
GB
Could anybody let me know how I could rotate and copy a Text Profile so that I could have several equispaced independent pieces of text (like the numbers on a clock face).
I am trying to show angular graduations on a circular component.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi mvanleeuwen
I want to be able to change each text item (i.e 0 degrees, 45 degrees etc)
Therefore I need a pattern of independent text profiles.

Although you can't create an independant pattern, you can do it like this -
Create a sketch.
Place a circle at required centre point and required diameter of the radial pattern.
Place lines from centre to edge of circle at required increments and dimension the angle of the lines.
Place a text profile for one of the items.
Constrain the bottom centre of the bounding box to the end of the appropriate radial line.
Place a parallel relationship between side of bounding box and radial line.
Repeat for other positions.
Yow will now have a single sketch containing all the characters.

bc.
2.4GHz Core2 Quad, 4GB RAM,
Quadro FX4600.

Create a sketch of a single character that will be the text profile at the 12 o'clock position then use a cut out normal to the face(or a protrusion). Then use pattern command to create the circular pattern and using cutout/protruded character as the feature to use for the pattern. This seems to work just to rotate only that one character.

Sudduth,
This works if you ant all characters the same but I want a different value at each orientation.

I think the method Beachcomber suggested is the best way.

Thanks everyone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back