Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

copy from other drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

It depends on what you are copying...

1)Text & Draft Entities can be copied between drawing using the Edit-Copy and Edit-Paste functionality.

2)Drawing view are not so easy, since they are asscociated to a model. You can use Insert-->Shared Data-->From File, but that would bring the whole drawing in, model associativity and all. (This works rather well when I have other people detailing individual parts for me, and I eventually have to bring it all into a master drawing).

Alternatively, you can select the view, hit Edit-->Convert to Draft Entities. This will turn your drawing view into simple lines (not associated to anything). This can then be copied as per 1) above.

I should have been more clear. I am copying text. Edit copy does not give me the option of copying from another drawing. In 2001 I think it was something like Tools/transform/copy/other drawing. I know it can be done in Wildfire I just don't remember how and can't figure it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back