Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copy to Clipboard prompts Autosave (or similar)

Status
Not open for further replies.

caravoy

Mechanical
Feb 14, 2005
US
For whatever reason, when I (and others in the office) copy to the clipboard (in 2005 and 2000) a quick save, or autosave, is triggered. As we output certain information from AutoCAD to other programs upon these saves, this is pain as it slows things down unnecessarily. Anyone know how to disable this, or explain what's going on? Thanks.

caravoy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

IFRs, I couldn't get Ctrl-I to do anything. As soon as I finish selecting the object(s) to copy to clipboard and acknowledge that fact by clicking right mouse button, or hitting enter, some sort of save is triggered

Chicopee, it's not related to the time setting for auto saves. If I copy to the clipboard 2 times per hour or 2000 times per hour, I get the same problem

Have you been using any 3rd party software in acad? Just a guess but it could be a reactor inbedded in the code that prompts a save whenever you Ctrl+C.

Not Ctrl-I, but Ctrl-Insert
Does the menu pulldown Edit/Copy work?
Check your accellerator key sttings in AutoCAD's options under user preferences.

Yeh, my bad, I meant Ctrl-Insert. Using pull-down menus does the same thing. In the meantime, the problem has disappeared, not just at my machine, but others as well. Either the IT department did something without telling us, or perhaps I'm a bit crazy. Equal odds, especially since it's Friday:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back