Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Copying views in a drawing

Status
Not open for further replies.

jesusman

Mechanical
Nov 9, 2004
US
I have an assembly and I have made three different displays states. The first display state shows the assembly in it's entirety. The next two, show two different sub assemblies with everything else hidden.

I have a drawing detailing the entire assembly with the standard three views. However, I want to detail the other two display states, which I need two more elevation views. How can I get two more elevation views in the drawing at a larger scale (1:4) in addition to the existing elevation view (1:8)?

Thanks!

J.D.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Click on the Projected View icon, then select the view you want to make additional views/elevations from. A view will be created dependent upon which direction you move the cursor.

Before placing the view, the scale can be set via the View Managers Use Custom Scale option.

[cheers]

I was able to RMC on the drawing and click >Drawing Views > Model and bring in a new view, scaled correctly with the right display state and the bubbles follow the BOM. I will try your way as well. Thanks!

woohoo, this is a breakthru for me!

J.D.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back