Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CORRECTED TURBINE GAS HEAT RATE

Status
Not open for further replies.

JUANPANAMA

Electrical
May 11, 2003
PA
I work an electric power plant in Panama City. We have a LM 6000 GE Turbine that produce 48.2 MW. I have the code of Asme that explains how to calculate the heat rate and I have the guarantee values that GE did at first year of operations. These values were corrected using 82°F To, 85% HR, 14.7 psia Po. They used a particular graphics to do it but I have a problem becasue the National dispach Center of Panama wants tha I calcule the corrections using other values for example 83°F and 90%HR. I need informations about how calculate these graphics or any book or site on internet that has this information.

Best regard,

Juan Aguilar
I&C
Copesa Power Plant
Republic of Panama
Email.: jdaguilarc@hotmail.com
Phones: (507) 200-1045

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You need the correction curves (Efficiency Vs. Humidity & Efficiency Vs Ambient Temperature) for the engine. These are standard curves and given by the GT Supplier. As might be already known to you, 860000 divided by the %efficiency will give the Heat Rate in KCal/KWhr. Also standard curves are available to account for aging (Efficiency Vs. Operating Hrs).
Hope this helps.

ok I have this graphics, I wrote to GE to obtain new graphics because they used other guaratee value.
thanks. I have PTC- of ASME that indicate this informations, but I dont understant stadistic method. Can you help me in this?

tanks,

juan

To Juan Panama,

I just finished a spreadsheet that contains the GE curves for a 7EA. It includes the corrections on one sheet, and a figure of the curves on another. The figures include the design point and the measured point.

This is my first time visiting eng-tips.com. I don't see how to send an attachment to you.

If you send your email address to LPenna@MDAturbines.com, I will be glad to email it to you. Or if you email the curves, I will create the corrections for you, no charge.

Regards,
Lon Penna
The Test Engineer
Member ASME PTC-22 (gas turbines).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back