Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CORRECTING THE TIME INTERVALS IN ABAQUS 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrankZephyr

Mechanical
Aug 13, 2012
GB
Hi. I am very new to Abaqus but have to use it for my dissertation. I have just finished modelling a 2D multi-layered beam with crack surface at the bottom right end. Haven meshed it and all i couldn't get the model to run as it kept on coming up with this error:

"OUTPUT WAS SPECIFIED IN NUMBER INTERVALS AND THE CORRESPONDING TIME INTERVAL AT WHICH OUTPUT IS TO BE WRITTEN, 3.33333E-05, IS SMALLER THAN THE MINIMUM TIME INCREMENT ALLOWED IN THIS STEP, 1.00000E-03."

I am at a loss about what to do to correct this.... Can any1 help me here.
Thanks.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi. I am very new to Abaqus but have to use it for my dissertation. I have just finished modelling a 2D multi-layered beam with crack surface at the bottom right end. Haven meshed it and all i couldn't get the model to run as it kept on coming up with this error:

"OUTPUT WAS SPECIFIED IN NUMBER INTERVALS AND THE CORRESPONDING TIME INTERVAL AT WHICH OUTPUT IS TO BE WRITTEN, 3.33333E-05, IS SMALLER THAN THE MINIMUM TIME INCREMENT ALLOWED IN THIS STEP, 1.00000E-03."

I am at a loss about what to do to correct this.... Can any1 help me here.
Thanks.

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=7094dd12-01ab-4736-a040-f0e4124a5cb0&file=HalfPolymerFinal.cae
Hi Frankzephyr,

I have some suggestions,
1)set the minimum time increment as it is suggested by abaqus
edit step> incrementation tab
2)Pay attention to the type of step u mentioned, static/ dynamic explicit ...., are you sure it is suitable for your simulation?
3) refine your mesh (make it smaller)
I hope it will help u
Mahsa Ghaffari

Thank You Mahsaa.
I have corrected the initial time to 5, Minimum to 5E-0005 and maximum to 5 and the model ran.
It seems not to still be correct as both the results for the deformed and undeformed shape look alike.
Could you please help look at the model in the attached file in my first post and help figure what the problem is?

Thank You..

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=467786d7-1dfd-409a-a2ab-ada110e30ee4&file=HalfBeam.jnl
Can you check the .sta and see if the model finished converging an increment or more? I am asking this because, usually, these warning messages tell you about the symptoms of a problem in the model instead of the source of the problem.

By the way, you should upload the INP or the CAE. I prefer INPs because sometimes CAEs can be from an older version of ABAQUS and if JNLs aren't uploaded along with its CAE, they are useless. However, CAEs can be much smaller in size.

FrankZephr,
Please attach .CAE or .inp
By looking your previous model, I recommend u to change some parts
1. I think you should have large deformation in this model, so please change static, general type of step to Dynamic Explicit

2. Pay attention to the step you specified for the boundary condition and loading.

3. I don't understand your analysis, how could you apply load with that above curve?

4. In interaction, you have chosen frictionless, it means there is no resistance.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back