Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

corrective actions for non-conforming products 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JosephERG

Industrial
Nov 1, 2007
PH
Hi All!!!

I would just like to ask who formulates the corrective action/s for every non-conforming products that are transferred to QC? As a rule, we all know that the production group has to ensure that all devices transferred to QC must have no "rejects" that is why they perform 100% inspection. If rejects are not effectively filtered, then conducting sampling inspection for QC is dangerous. In our organization, it is the QC engineer (I, being one of them) who is tasked to investigate and formulate corrective actions. I don't think this approach effective. This way, we are not encouraging quality consciousness among our employees. Do you have any ideas on how I can improve the quality consciousness of our production group? Please help.

Thank you.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Our company uses a CA team. This team is made up of QA, maintenance and production.

This team works for us. It has been effective by thinking about the problem from differnt points of views.

If production management does not care about QC then it will be hard to get employees consciousness.

ck1999

Thanks ck1999!!!!

Is this CA team of yours composed of the heads of each group (QA, maintenance & production)? Or just a representative from each? Which do you think is better?

Thanks.

JosephERG

We try to foster an atmosphere where production can work directly with QA on matters. If however, a problem cannot be readily resolved, we have a group that works to escalate serious matters up the ladder. The group is comprised of both engineers, QA and direct line employees as they are closest to the issues involved. Others may be brought in as needed for any special insights they may have on a problem.

Our group is based off of some managers and some representatives. Usually production manager and employee where issue occurred, maintenance and quality manager or representative.

ck1999

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back