Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cosmic Blobs 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

berkshire

Jun 8, 2005
US
The people that made Solidworks had a 3d program for kids called Cosmic Blobs.
I was just about to send a copy to my grand kids, now that they are old enough to appreciate it, and I find it has been withdrawn from the market.
Anybody know what happened there?
B.E.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

I did not have any trouble finding it,
I had trouble buying it
When I tried to purchase the program I got the following message:
Our company is dedicated to developing technology that enables people to express their creativity and productivity through a portfolio of high quality products. At this time, we are re-assessing ways to better share the capabilities of Cosmic Blobs with our consumers in conjunction with our other products. As a result of this direct to consumer and education sales have been closed as of February 1, 2008. The Cosmic Blobs website will remain active to support existing customers for instructional references, how-to videos, and support.
B.E.

CosmicBlobc Site said:
Our company is dedicated to developing technology that enables people to express their creativity and productivity through a portfolio of high quality products. At this time, we are re-assessing ways to better share the capabilities of Cosmic Blobs with our consumers in conjunction with our other products. As a result of this direct to consumer and education sales have been closed as of February 1, 2008. The Cosmic Blobs website will remain active to support existing customers for instructional references, how-to videos, and support.

[cheers]

Lego had some great software for virtual 3D Lego modelling. I bought it for my nephews a few years ago. Money well spent. Now I need to see if I can get it for my sons.

Thanks Bob.
Thats the same animal, it is set up for a more adult mind than Cosmic Blobs. Do you think a couple of 8 year olds can handle the interface?
B.E.

I think they would take to it like they to anything computer related. My grandson is 6 years old and knows his way around a computer better than his mother ... and his grandmother.

Being that it's free, why not download it for yourself, let them try it, and if they like it, then download and register copies for them.

[cheers]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back