Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cosmos Express

Status
Not open for further replies.

je696763

Mechanical
Mar 10, 2003
US
Has anyone noticed any problems with cosmos express afer installing SW 2006? Mine does not seem to work right. I've done the same test on several parts in 2005 and 2006 and they are never even close to having the same results. One version normally gives a factor of safety of about twice the other one. I don't remember if it is consistently one higher than the other or not, but they definitely don't match. Anyone else having this problem?

Thanks,
Jeremy

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

No, I've checked all of the properties that I can find, and it is the same material and all of the properties are the same. I'm using AISI 304 Stainless Steel for a material, and it is the one that came with Solidworks in both versions. I even generated an html report from both, and everything looks exactly the same other than the results.

Have you validated your results with hand calculations? remember garbage in garbage out.....

Best Regards,

Heckler
Sr. Mechanical Engineer
SW2005 SP 4.0 & Pro/E 2001
Dell Precision 370
P4 3.6 GHz, 1GB RAM
XP Pro SP2.0
NIVIDA Quadro FX 1400
o
_`\(,_
(_)/ (_)

Just because I'm paranoid doesn't mean that they aren't out to get me.

- Woody Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back