Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COSMOS Floworks: Can I change coordinate systems?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChaseCaruth

Aerospace
Jul 20, 2008
US
I am brand new to Floworks and still learning about CFD.

I want to do analysis on a missile. The missile body is hollow but has some slits in the base where the fins attach (the slits should be completely covered when the fins are attached). I'm trying to perform external aerodynamic analysis.

I have a reference frame about the CG. I want to reference everything from that frame. COSMOS Floworks sets its own global frame, but I want to override it and use my own. For example, I want my freestream velocity to be referenced to my system, not theirs. Can I change the global frame to my frame?

Also, what does the error "no fluid volume" mean? I don't have any boundary conditions that need to be defined, and I've "checked geometry." Please help!

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi I don't know if you could do it but I'm having the same problem when I check the geometry everything is all right then I open cosmo and when I try to put the boundary conditions says that I have problems with the face that is not laying I have to present my theses in 15 days I´m running out of time and really need help. Thx

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back