Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

COSMOSXpress crashes SW

Status
Not open for further replies.

RawheadRex

Mechanical
Feb 9, 2001
US
Hello all,

I'm just wondering if anyone has encountered any situation where simply launching COSMOSXpress from within SolidWorks 2003 SP3.1 causes the entire session to dump out. I've been doing a good deal of "what if" work recently using COSMOSXpress but all of a sudden it (my SW session) started crashing out everytime I attempted to launch this utility. I've tried restarting my workstation, running it on different models, etc. but still it behaves the same. I even attempted it on my pilot installation of SW04 but no dice there either. My alternative is to run my analyses on a vacant machine which works okay but is less than ideal.

I'm about to attempt a reinstall of SW03 and run the latest SP but was curious if this is something anyone else has seen and/or figured out a solution to.

Thanks,

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

At work we are still using SW03 SP3.1, and have no troubles with COSMOSxpress with Win2k SP4.

Ray Reynolds
"There is no reason anyone would want a computer in their home."
Ken Olson, president, chairman and founder of Digital Equipment Corp., 1977
Have you read faq731-376 to make the best use of Eng-Tips Forums?

Scott,

Yes, that was one of the things that I did try (cleaning out the temp folder) however it seems that it was to no avail.

Thanks,

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

Chris

what graphics card and OS are you running? I'm having loads of problems with 2003 SP5, Win XP (all latest fixes, patches etc) and a 3DLabs VP560 at home, but my work PC (2003 SP5, Win2K sp4, Quadro2Pro) is absolutley fine...

Chris Huntley

Hi Chris Huntley!

I'm running on Win2K Pro SP3 with a Quadro4 900 XGL graphics card. I ran the SW03 SP5 patch last night but haven't tried it yet to see how it works. I'm hoping this fixes it.

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

Hello Again Everyone,

Just an update on my progress with correcting the aforementioned problem. The SW03 SP5 patch DID NOT WORK for me in resolving the issue unfortunately. So any additional thoughts or theories will be much appreciated.

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

FYI. I am using WinXP prof, Pent 4, 2.4ghz, 512 ram, NVIDIA Quadra4 750XGL 128mb video card with setting of the driver to run with SolidWorks.

Greetings Citizens of SolidWorks Land,

I have the last word on this problem for anyone who is interested. I had to do a "clean reinstallation" (thanks Scott Baugh for posting the FAQ) in order to resolve the problem. We were never able to nail down the root cause (I even spoke with the head of Tech Support at SW Corp) but at least I'm back up and running.

Thanks for the feedback people. It was much appreciated.

Chris Gervais
Sr. Mechanical Designer
Lytron Corp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back