Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Cost of 2" & 4" API 5L Pipe

Status
Not open for further replies.

asade

Chemical
Oct 19, 2010
NG
Hello,

Please, I need information about the cost per meter for 2" and 4" API 5L Pipe.

Any information is highly appreciated.

Regards,

I am what I am by His grace

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Have you tried a pipe supplier, they can usually help with prices [banghead]

It is a capital mistake to theorise before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories, instead of theories to suit facts. (Sherlock Holmes - A Scandal in Bohemia.)

Varies by wall thickness, total length, location, additional requirements, delivery but work on $900 to 1200 / tonne and you won't be too far away.

Remember - More details = better answers
Also: If you get a response it's polite to respond to it.

Hi Asade, you should specify more details: Grade, Qty, Wall Thickness, PSL 1 or PSL 2, Length(Usually 6m or 12m,etc), Painting(black, epoxy, FBE, Galv. etc). Try Alibaba is a good way to source in China since the quality or technology related to produce those pipes are sophisticated. LittleInch's price is a bit higher ^!^. Take 4" SCH40 API 5L Gr.B for example, you can get an average price of approx. USD450 / tonne (FOB Tianjin). Other grades to X70 generally will be no higher than USD700 / tonne. You can calculate the price per meter yourself by using the unit weight specified in ASME B36.10. Be aware that although many may hold a large stock of PSL 1 pipes, PSL 2 might require a large volume (say more than 60 MT) to manufacture.

Hebei Metals Industrial Limited

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back