cost of apparatus for thermogravimetrics analysis TGA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ciaci

Mechanical
Jul 11, 2015
IT
Hi all,
does someone know the order of magnitude of the cost of an apparatus for thermogravimetrics analysis TGA ? I have seen that these kind of analyses are relatively cheap. The companies that sell this apparatus do not show publicly the price.

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

30+ years ago Mr. Hart was in the booth next to mine at a small regional trade show. We hadlots of time to chat while the papers were being presented. Hart Scientific’s TGA sold for $20k back then, if my memory’s correct. Perkin Elmer sold TGA, too.

I haven’t had exposure to TGA since then so I haven’t a clue how the advances in technology have offset inflation.

Why not request a quote from one of the current vendors?

There are a dozen vendors and I would guess that $15-40k would get you one.
Price will depend on a few things, sample size, resolution, max temp, heating and cooling rates, gases and flow controls, and so on.
Some of these are built to use small samples (~100mg) and some will handle 5g samples.
Lots of options.

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
P.E. Metallurgy, consulting work welcomed

I have asked to some vendors, the price are about 40k in Italy. It seems to me a very high price. The prices on Alibaba are far lower. Do you think that there are opportunities to find lower prices somehow, maybe at exposition or at conferences?

Yes. I know, I already use this option and I already used google, but the vendors do not show prices in websites.

Hi,
It seems to me that you have little experience about buying equipment .You won't get prices on Internet , you need to write down a specification and let your purchasing team do the work to get quotes.
You are asking about Alibaba , be aware that for Chinese equipment you may have issues about after sale services, spare parts and even manual written in Chinese .
All above is based on 10 years working experience in China.
Good luck
Pierre

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back