Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

Costing Index for January 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

rbabhi

Chemical
Feb 1, 2011
GB
Hi I am about to finish designing and absorber but unfortunately i am totally lost to how to do the costing. The ChemCAD i am using requires an updated Chemical Engineering Plant Cost index.

And since we are in the subject of costing I was also having trouble deciding where to get the pricing for packed column for. Will it depend on the company? or is there a general cost summary. I am using a Grade 304 steel for shell and 2inch Metal-HYPAK for packing.

Regards,

RB

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

for Chemical Engineering Plant cost index, sign up for a limited subscription to Chemical Engineering magazine. Each month there is an updated summary on the back page (they used to teach that in school).

For an estimate of the cost of a tower, it depends on what you want for "accuracy". as a VERY crude number, figure the total volume of metal, get the price of the metal, multiply it by 2 to get the total cost of the metal (spot prices now have a surcharge of about 100% tacked on). That is also about the cost of labor to fab it. Then add the cost of the packing, sum it all up, and multiply by about 110% to cover shipping and tax, assuming no unusual length for shipping. Now you also have to consider insulation, installation labor, supports, housekeeping pads, ladders, platforms, etc., and the size and dimensions have a big impact on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back