Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Could it be done by a hole tool? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Got this message from your link

You don't have permission to access /forum/attachments/month_0502/untitled_R9KgEUbyqWBF.jpg on this server.

I think that you could make a curve by intersection with a datum that runs through it, then you could pick up the curve.

MM

I just refresh and it displays. The way you are talking is more complex than sketching. Anyway, I was just curious why pro/e (wildfire) does not show axis while solidworks does in the same condition.

OldBoot,

There's a config.pro option
create_axes_for_extruded_arcs yes/no
hopefully I have the wording correct on that, that would create axes for you extruded feature that you could use for a co-axial hole. This config option gets annoying when you have a sketch with many arcs. I usually turn it on before I do an extrusion that I want axes created for and turn it off after.

If you want to redefine the feature sketch another circle and phantom the original after turning on the config or just create an axis thru cylinder to use as a reference.

Michael

Another option is to create the axis manually in the extrude itself using an axis point. Make sure the sketch is internal ("unlinked" in WF2), and then in the sketch, go to Sketch-->Axis point. Then, pop one of these at the center of the arc.

When you extrude, you will have an axis normal to the plane, through this point.

Mark

Thank you Mjcole & Justkeepgiviner!

I tried the config.pro, no create_axis_for_extruded_arcs option. My version is WF 2002.

I managed to add the axis point when editing the sketch as Justkiipgiver says.

Thank you very much! I learnt something again!

Good tip justkeepgiviner

The correct wording for the extruded arcs option I mentioned in my previous post is

show_axes_for_extr_arcs yes/no

Of course the simplest way is as justkeepgiviner says but I guess I'm addicted to config.pro options.

Michael
[wink]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back