Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

countersunk, counterbored holes in Wildfire

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kcourt

Mechanical
Dec 5, 2003
US
Hi, I'm new to this forum. We are currently transitioning from MDT6 to Wildfire and I'm having difficulty making counterbored/countersunk thru holes (w/o threads). I can't seem to find it as an option anywhere. I'm sure it exists and that I'm just missing something. Please help

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Thanks, but that's not quite what I was asking, let me clarify what I'm seeing on my system. I'm not having a problem making a hole, I'm having a problem specifying a c'sink, c'bore for the hole. The dashboard is only giving me the option of c'sink or c'bore for a tapped hole. When I select clearance hole from the dashboard, the c'sink, c'bore options disappear from the dashboard.

I don't mean to sound ungrateful for your help, and I know every user has their own preferences on how they get things done, but this sounds like a work-around to me. I imagine that using this method you would be forced to use non-parametric hole notes. Surely, there has to be a way to create countersunk and counterbored clearance holes in Wildfire using the hole command. I cannot believe that PTC wouldn't include an option to create such common features.

Kcourt,

You must belive it. PTC just forgot to include these basic features. Incredible, but it's true. I'm working with 2001 and these basic features of a hole are missing too. I thought they solved the problem in Wildfire, but as I can see...no.

Go with the classical methods.

-Hora.

I use 2001 and this exists for me. Select Create>>Solid>>Hole and then select Standard Hole (options are for straight hole, sketched hole, standard hole). You then have the option for a tapped hole or a clearance hole (using radio buttons) and then there are check boxes for Add Thread Surface, Add Counterbore, Add Countersink. I haven't used Wildfire so can't speak for that, but seems to work in 2001 (if I understand the problem correctly that is).

Matt

Kcourt,

I remember seeing a Tips article in Pro-user or Desktop Engineering Magazine on Hole creation in Wildfire. You may want to check that out I'll try to get you the issue information or send you a copy of the article.

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back