Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CQM1 Downloading Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

sloba

Electrical
Nov 18, 2003
CA

PLC Software/Hardware:
a) CX-Programmer v3.10
b) CQM1-CPU11
c) CQM1-CIF02

Note: CPU Dip SW 1 is OFF (When is On I get the same result)

1) I click “Go online” icon.
2) Message “About to connect to the PLC. Do you wish to continue” OK
3) I click “Transfer to PLC/Download” icon.
4) Window with download options appear. Program only is selected.
5) Message “This command will affect the state of the connected PLC. Continue?” OK
6) Message: Cannot download the program. UM is protected.

Please advice, what could be a problem?

Regards,
Dan

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We have an OMRON PLC that we cannot work with as the User Memory is protected by a password. I hope for your sake this is not the problem as I connot find any way arround this.

Have you tried using SYSWIN the older omron plc software, do you get a similar message.

Ultermatly I would say call 0870 752 0861 and speek to the OMRON guys they seem to have one of the best PLC service and support lines of any OEM

The problem is most likely that the program is password protected. You will need to know the password. If you have a hard copy or software copy of the program, look for the SYS (Fun49) instuction. Operand #3 (bottom) will be the password or the memory location for it. If it is a memory location, your success will depend on if someone has uploaded the memory data and saved it. If you cannot locate the password, try the PLC Power Supply part number ie: CQM1-PA204 = password 0204. Many machine builders use this or another easily visable part number to jog the memory of thier service techs.

Go to the PLC menu, then Protection, then Release Password. The password will be four digits.

I have run into this. fortunately, you can get around it. unfortunately, I am not currently connected to a PLC so I can't recall exactly how I did it. But this should get you close. Go Online with the PLC. Hunt around in the left dialog box of your CXProgrammer v3.1 software (the project tree). Somewhere in there you can click on a protection icon and it will actually reveal the password instead of ***** characters. Then you can click on the little icon on the Set password/release password toolbar ( the one with a little PLC and an unlocked padlock) and type in the password.
If you can't figure it out reply and I will get online with a PLC and figure it out again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back