Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Eng-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crane Runway Girder to Concrete Corbel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jummybear

Civil/Environmental
Jul 24, 2014
EE
Hello everyone,

Want to ask an advice. I have to design crane runway girder joint to concrete column corbel. I dont deal with cranes very often so I dont feel lot of confidence in my solution. Any advice/critique are welcome.
Some years ago we designed a warehouse with light cranes (5t or 8t lifting capacity) and support to concrete corbel was solved in very easy way: anchor bolts corbels which let you tune cranerunway girder height during instalation and afterall, when girder if leveled horisontally, the space between corbel and girder bottom flange was grouted with concrete mortar. I will attach some sketch as well.

Now we have a bit havier crane with lifting capacity 25t. After studiyng the prolem and doing some research I am a bit skeptical if the same solution which we were used for 5t crane can be done here. I am afraid of beam and rotation which can couse problems for grouting and also for anchor bolts. Deflection of beam in the middle is about 10-12mm and that can couse beam end uplift of 1-3mm. Beams are one-way or 2-way continious beams.

One more additional question: do we need to connect beams with each other through end plate? I found both solutions, where beams are connected and without connection.

Capture2_iax8ar.jpg
Capture_fk4hko.jpg
Capture1_mskmm8.jpg

I am also attaching an alternative connection, using leveling plate to which beam can be supported through end plate. Dont pay attention to plate widths, its a sketch and they will be corrected.

I am very appriciated for any comments and thoughts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back