Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Crash Test 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fatstress

Apr 9, 2005
DE
Dear All,

So Boeing has carried out their composite fuselage 787 crash test...
Is it a new requirement only for composite fuselage or also for monolithic Aluminium ?

Regards

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

We understand this won't be the only slippage. They have a lot of work to accomplish and if they don't have the sub-contractor COMPLIANCE/CONFORMITY DATA the components they have received can't be used in any testing.

jim

Hands up whose ever worked anything approaching a major program without program slippage?

Sure it happens but my guess is that there's more often a slip than not. Or, my personal favorit, something gets dropped/pushed out till later.

From my experience management never want to use anything approaching 'worst case' estimates for setting schedules. Compounded by the fact that often our guesses at 'worst case' are in fact optimistic, then programs like this tend to slip and/or go over budget.

KENAT, probably the least qualified checker you'll ever meet...

I'm with KENAT on this. I don't think that I have ever worked on an aerospace project that actually met the initial schedule.

Boeing has, since 1958, certified the first 707, 720, 727, 737, 747, 757, 767 and 777. THE AVERAGE DAYS BETWEEN ROLL OUT AND FIRST FLIGHT HAS BEEN 61 DAYS — TO CERTIFICATION — 349 DAYS. The July 8 2007 (aka 7-8-7). was a dog & pony show that detracts from the skills of the many talented and dedicated people in the Boeing family. . . . the 777 required 370 days and someone thinks they can accomplish 787 flight & Certification testing in less than six months?

jim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back