Create custom symbols in Solidworks 2021

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sa-Ro

Industrial
Jul 15, 2019
IN
Hi

How can we create custom symbols in Solidworks 2021.

we need "FLAG TRIANGLE" with numbers inside (A1-1, A1-2, B1-1, C1-4)

Existing Flag tri symbol does not allow me to change these letters.

Use case:

We are trying to mark the revised dimensions with notations.

Example:

Initial part revision is "A1"

First revised part revision is "A2" - All modified dimensions and notes are marked with A2-1, A2-2

Second revised part revision is "A3" - All modified dimensions and notes are marked with A3-1, A3-2 (A2-1, A2-2 are remains in the drawing)

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi

Balloons can not be inserted in to dimension text.

We need to insert the symbol into dimension text. So that the symbol and dimension will be inline.

Thank you

Hi

Kindly refer the attachment

Symbol_ketqvt.png

Thank you

You can group a note to a dimension which will keep it located approximately where you place it relative to the dimension.

Considering you have to manually add this balloon/flag to the dimension text in your desired "use case" I don't know if it's much different than manually placing the triangle flags?

Screenshot_2022-09-21_121930_ta7xsw.jpg

To answer the exact question posed, this resource may be of assisstance:

Hi, Sa-Ro:

It is not a good idea to use custom symbols for revision.

If you place your custom symbols across your drawings, you will have to manually remove them when you make a new revision.

If you use standard revision symbols, they will be tied to their revision and can be removed together automatically.

If you make your drawings in accordance with ASME Y14.5, you should consider following ASME Y14.35-2014.

Best regards,

Alex

Hi,

I remember years ago one of my colleagues did not know how to type degree symbol when we used AutoCAD software. So, he typed small circles and placed them on shoulder of angular numbers.

Creating custom symbols for revision and placing them into notes is just like what my colleague did with degree symbol.

Best regards,

Alex

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back