Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

create element on node in Workbench

Status
Not open for further replies.

simthehunter

Mechanical
Mar 8, 2009
CA
Hi,

I want to know if is it possible to create a "cerig" from a command line in workbench like we do in Classic ?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

In workbench, you can insert command snippets to use standard ANSYS commands. Named selections are parsed into the input file as components. This allows you to use the cmsel command to select groups of elements (if its a solid body) or a group of nodes (if it is a face). In the case of CERIG if you wanted to be able to select a point mass as your master node, you would use something like:

mnode = node (X,Y,Z)

where x,y,z is easily obtainable from your point mass description in workbench. I hope that answers your question.

Since I don't know what your working on, you might want to investigate remote displacements and being able to set materials behavior to rigid.

Forgot to mention in workbench you can create a mass node and rigidly connect it to a surface. Then use a command snippet to apply your loads to that mass node.

The easiest way to do what you wish is to apply a Remote Displacement within Workbench and specify that you want the Behavior as Rigid. This is the CERIG equivalent. :)

thx for you answers !

I have an other question. I wrote ansys commands into workbench to constraint nodes, but, when I solve my model, Workbench put some weak spring because it doesn't detect any constrait (they are on my command line, workbench doesn't see them). Is someone know a way to remove theses springs ? With these springs, my modal solution gave me only the frequency of the springs.

THX
Simon

THX for your answers

I have an other problem (Sorry I am learning Ansys...)

My nsel command doesn't works : The item label 8000 is not recognized by the nsel command...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back