Status
Not open for further replies.

motley

May 22, 2002
GB
Need some advice in trying to create 3D solids of
1 aircraft wing foam core
2 skin for above

I have got root & tip airfoils in correct place and joined them with RULESURF. Looks very nice when shaded but is only a polygon mesh without the properties of a solid.
Have I started the right way?
How do I close of the ends of this ‘flat tube’ and make it a solid?
After that, is there a simple way to make a 3D solid skin for above.

Cheers
Vince

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

You can use SHADEMODE command. I believe this will work on 3D meshes. Note that shaded images cannot be plotted. However, the [Print Screen] button on the keyboard can be used to cpy a shaded image to windows Clipboard. I am not sure of what or how you want to close the end of a "flat tube"? Do you mean bending the end of the pipe together or do you want the end of the pipe look like a primitive? Hope this helps - John

Is there some reason that you didn't model the wing as a solid? AutoCAD is "high end" software, and shademode is not going to accomplish what you are trying to do. You could even make a solid and use the shell command to make it hollow. the sky's the limit.

Unless I'm missing something, there is no solid command that 'extrudes' between two dissimilar faces. RULESURF joins them perfectly but it is not a solid.
Anyway I am teaching myself solidworks now and it appears more useful with solids.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back