Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a jpg image of a .CATPART 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ctcon

Aerospace
Dec 23, 2003
GB
Hello all!
Can any1 tell me if this is at all possible.
Pls help!
Thanx in advance.
ctcon

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

What is the process for generating a high resolution jpeg to send to a large format plotter and give a photorealistic with good quality? v5R11sp7 or v5r12sp4

Change the options before you capture the image. On the Capture toolbar, teh icond with a hand and piece of paper. You can change option settings here.

hi,

If you really need a good quality picture, you should use the studio workbenh and set up lights, material, camera, shadow,... and size of picture, any much more

Computing time will be needed in order to get the picture but with some experience you can have REALLY nice picture.

Eric N.

catiav5@softhome.net

If you are using R12 of Catia V5, there is a function in the drafting workbench called "Raster View" which is basically a shaded view on a drawing sheed. I reckon it's cool, but it might not be what you wanted.

Many Thanks GAMAMI that is exactly what I wanted!
Your advice provides screenshots that are ideal for Powerpoint Presentations!

Is it possible to Mesh a 3D model in Catia v5r10? (or v5r7)?
I am currently faced with trying to mesh the geometry in Gambit (Meshing Tool provided with Fluent), although this seems a long winded way of doing it.
Your help would be grately recieved.
ctcon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back