Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating a Rib along three different Axes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MaxShiff

Aerospace
Apr 20, 2002
CA
Ok, this problem is really annoying me....I want to create a rib of a circle, for example, that follows a center curve, that moves forward along the X-direction, then curves UP in the Y-direction, and finally moves FORWARD into the Z-direction.....can u follow what I mean?? I can create a rib along a profile that is in a songle plane, but as soon as I create another sketch that is in another plane, my rib cannot seem to recognize the last part (The part moving in the Z-direction) as part of the first sketch. Does anyone know how I can solve this?

Please see to visualize what I mean. I can get the circular profile to create a rib along the two lines in the YZ plane....but not the one that moves forward along the X-Axis...

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Regards,

Max

maxshiff@sympatico.ca

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

i made 2 extracts of the 2 sketch and a join of the 2 extracts.. use it for center curve..

it works
Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Could you please elaborate what you mean, by making two 'extracts' of the 2 sketch?

And what 'join' command are you referring to? Is it in Part Design or Sketcher?

Thanks...

those commands are in GSD or Wireframe and Surfaces.

Extract means you will create a wireframe geometric element out of your sketch. A join with the 2 extracts means you will create 1 entity out of 2. You have to create extracts because you cannot JOIN two Sketch.

But if you want to create a 3d curve to be your center curve, this can be done using Wireframe and surface or GSD workbench

Have you ever been to a CATIA V5 fundamentals formation ?

If not, mail me...

Have fun,

Eric

catiav5@softhome.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back