Creating an assembly of cgrs? 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordrailie

Marine/Ocean
Feb 16, 2005
ES
Hi all,

From a large Product I have, I would like to create the same product with the same product structure but made out cgr files, (lighter and with no history) so that i can send it out to clients etc.

Is that possible in a easy way?

If I'm not wrong, that is what I have when working in cache mode, but I would like to save it for sending it and i cant!

Thanks in advance

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

Hi,

with DMU Nav you can 'save as frozen' use the option : save product link with cache.

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

itsmyjob How you do that of save as frozen? I cannot find it

Ferdo, thanx, but I have an added problem, when saving as step the pipes are not exported and my product is full of them, the only way is cgr, but I need the product structure

hi configurator!

I have about 60 products and hundreds of parts, it would be a nightmare to put them all in a new product, keeping the product structure.

Itsmyjob, thanks it works for everything but the pipes that do not come as cgr, i don't know why. they come as runs, as they were in the main product....

Well,

if you see them and can project them in a Drawing...it might be good enough, isn't it ?

Eric N.
indocti discant et ament meminisse periti

Hi,

Now I think you really hate piping workbench.

Eric's advice is good. Use Save products linked with cache.

If you still want your pipes also in cgr format you have to save them as cgr first (you can use that macro posted here:
Then you have to replace component (the runs) with the cgr files (and I think also this job can be automated).

Regards
Fernando

Hi Ferdo

Actually I really like it, but is frustrating not being able to use the geometry, or to treat the pipes as standard parts.

I did the save products linked with cache and its perfect, but for the pipes, so I'll do what you say afterwards to get the pipes as cgr.

The pitty is that I'm don't know anything about macros, so automating anything myself is going to be hard, but i think is time to start studying some VB...

Thanx

Hi,

Yes, its pretty nice that workbench but you are right.

Change the pdf to cgr (find-replace).

Have fun (really).

Regards
Fernando

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back