Eng-Tips is the largest engineering community on the Internet

Intelligent Work Forums for Engineering Professionals

• Congratulations waross on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Creating cone from two different circles

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnKaradzhi

Nuclear
Apr 17, 2015
FI
i want to create a cone. i have made two circles of different radius, now by joining lines through these two circles or some manner i want to create an area. Can anybody help me how to do?

Replies continue below

Recommended for you

On the basis of previous detailed research a simplified method to estimate robustness of CFST column frames can be derived on the basis of simplified fiber-beam models.
I suppose you can do it with VEXT command, for more complex results you will probably need *do cycles.
It really depends on what cone you want to do
Simple ones are easily done with command CONE
More complex one you can build by creating respective circles
Then create lines that connect respective keypoints (each circle by default has 2 kp). command L. OR different form of line command
Then creating areas by lines (you have four semicircular lines and two straight lines (or not straight if you made them such) .
And last create volumes from areas command VA
VEXT command requires only one circle to be build and then you scale it and change its size by command attributes. If you use do cycle your line that connect final and first circle can take shape of any function in piecewise linear form. (very useful for further sweeping with hexahedral element).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back